The Top Free LMS Schools and Learning Management Systems Vendors
Schools nowadays use a Learning Management System (LMS) to complement the lessons in a traditional classroom. In an academy full of millennials that needs change, and so do the landscapes for learning. From chalkboards and books, and e-readers to LMS, classrooms have evolved and become state-of-the-art. Still, the effectiveness of free LMS software is in question and consumers should not be dissuaded by mere show and word of mouth. Every year, experts launch LMS reviews and tools to provide users with learning management systems comparison. In addition to Truacademy.com, this information provides users with information on the best free LMS hosting that are appropriate for classrooms or businesses.
Read on to find out the top LMS for schools and e-learning, as well as analyze the top LMS features that come with these products in comparison to the Free LMS benefits offered by TruAcademy.com.
- Moodle: Pros – This LMS is by far the most popular in schools today. Not only was it a part of the top LMS systems 2015, it likewise has learner tracking, a user-friendly dashboard, and reliable multimedia support. With Moodle, users can create their own mobile courses and keep adding third parties to the system. While Moodle is an open source LMS, you can easily access the LMS’ online database for technical support. Cons – Complexities and steep learning curve of learning the open source system.
- Eliademy: Pros – This software is a free learning content management system for teachers, tutors, and facilitators of eLearning. This features catalogs and assessment tools for the convenience of users. There is also a complementary app for those teachers who want to develop their own learning modules for mobile use. Cons – Unlike other free LMS software download, Eliademy requires a modest fee if you would use the Premium version. Otherwise, anything that covers basic features is free for teachers to use.
- ATutor: Pros – If you prefer LMS with email notifications and file storage for special features, then ATutor is a possibility. Aside from being easily accessible to users, ATutor is also easy to navigate, which makes it perfect for first time users of an LMS. What separates ATutor from other free LMS platforms is that it offers themes that speed up course development modules and provides a lot of space for file storage, polls, analytics, and various eLearning assessment tools. Cons – Free option limited to only 3 courses with limited memory.
- Canvas: Pros – Canvas LMS is a superior platform thanks to its robust API, user interface, and reliable and strongly recommended user experience. It is one of the most popular LMS in the market, and thus is a strong competitor against Moodle. Cons – Users who prefer the free version should prepare to repeatedly update the software.
- Forma: Pros – You can use Forma Learning Management System if you put a premium on reporting and detailed analytics. This is not only useful for teachers and administrators, but also provide great organization schemes for managers and entrepreneurs. It contains many virtual classroom management tools and applications such as event managers and calendars. Cons – All of these tools and features can lead to a confusing experience.
- Dokeos: Pros – Users who find building modules from scratch a daunting task need not worry with Dokeos. This top LMS for education has a variety of templates for learning modules, and is likewise packed with eLearning tools to create excellent pages and tasks for students. Five users may tie up for Dokeos, and still the system would remain free. Cons – Thus, inviting more users would entail fees or a feature upgrade.
- Academy Of Mine: Pros & Cons – This is not free for teachers and administrators, but they do offer services that normally would not be provided by a free course management system. They also offer a free preview of how the whole platform works, which is a useful marketing strategy.
- Schoology: Pros & Cons – This is a “freemium” LMS that will be of great help to companies, businesses, and schools. Specifically, teachers will benefit from attendance sheets, grade sheets, and student usage trackers that make recording and classroom management more fun and convenient.
TruAcademy.com – Create an online school in minutes with no technical experience needed. Did we mention that it’s Free?