A Favicon is also know as:
- Favorite Icon
- Shortcut Icon
- Website Icon
- Tab Icon
- URL Icon
- Bookmark Icon
It is the icon associated with a particular website or webpage. Browsers that provide favicon support typically display a page’s favicon in the browser’s address bar, sometimes in the history page and next to the page’s name if you list it as a bookmark.
How to make your own Favicon (Basic)
There are advanced ways of making a Favicon but we will teach you how to create one in an easy way:
- Using Microsoft Paint
- Open your image via Microsoft Paint. Do this by right clicking on your image, hover on “Open With” and click on Paint
- Click on File/Menu (The first button found in Paint), hover on “save as” and choose BMP file.
- Once saved, right click on the file and click on “rename“
- Replace the “.bmp” to “.ico“
- A pop up will appear that simply warns you that you are about to change the format of your file. Click on yes
- You’ve successfully created a Favicon!